Stuffed Organic Pancake Cupcakes!
Are you looking for a nourishing grab-n-go breakfast recipe that will get your children excited to eat breakfast? Stuffed Organic Pancake Cupcakes are easy, affordable, and FUN! This recipe was inspired by a Mom to Mom Nutrition’s Facebook post this morning. Since I am always on the hunt for great tasting and cheap recipes, I jumped out of bed and whipped these treats up with ingredients in my pantry. They were so good I had to share with you immediately.
4 Reasons to love Stuffed Organic Pancake Cupcakes!
- Nourishing: Using Bob’s Red Mill Organic 7 Grain Pancake Mix combined with additional eggs and milk, these cupcakes are loaded with protein, fiber, calcium, and iron giving parents feeding confidence.
- Easy: Just blend, pour, and bake. Yep- it is that easy with no more flipping! This recipe can also be made ahead for an easy gran-n-go breakfast that is nourishing for busy school mornings.
- Affordable: These breakfast cupcakes only cost $0.53 for 4. To reduce the cost, opt for Bob’s Red Mill 10 Grain Pancake Mix.
- Fun: The stuffers are endless. Today, I used dried blueberries and coined bananas but you can pick fresh or frozen berries, nuts, seeds, raisins, peanut butter, jelly, chocolate chips, and much more. Encourage your child to design a pancake cupcake. They might just surprise you with a delicious food pairing.
My 7-year old daughter’s initial reaction after taking one bite without the syrup!
“Mom, I can eat a million of these cupcakes.”
Other Grab-n-Go Breakfast Recipes:
Serves 2-4 cupcakes
Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill 7-grain organic pancake mix
- 1 2/3 organic cup milk or water with 1 cup of instant dry milk
- 3 eggs, local grass-fed
- Pick your own stuffers: dried fruit, banana, nuts, seeds, chocolate chips, berries, peanut butter, jelly, cinnamon, and much more.
- Syrup, honey, or yogurt for topping
- In a blender add pancake mix, milk, and eggs. Mix until combined.
- Prepare 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tins until 2/3 full.
- Add stuffers and gently swirl into the muffin with a butter knife.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350 F.
- Top with syrup or honey and let sit for 5 minutes.