Slow Cooker Pork Tacos
We love our taco nights! To stray from beef and chicken tacos, we often used pulled pork as our star ingredient. This recipe is quick for hectic nights because the pulled pork can be made ahead saving you time in the kitchen.
To learn how to meal plan saving you time and money visit our Meal Planning Page.
Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN
Yields 4 servings
8 hrPrep Time
10 hrCook Time
18 hrTotal Time
- 1 lb slow cooker pulled pork
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup pork broth from cooking
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Cook pork in slow cooker on medium for 8 hours or until done.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and set aside.
- In a skillet, add onion and jalapeño to pan and sauté 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add broth; reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato and pork. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and lime juice and remove from heat.
- Spoon 1/2 cup pork mixture into each tortilla and top with fresh cilantro.