Raw Kale Salad for Breakfast
Jump start your morning with this energy boosting green machine! Who says salads are for lunch or dinner? This raw kale salad goes great with toast and eggs in the morning. It can be made the night before for hectic AM rush.
Don’t forget to get your children involved in the kitchen. Tearing the leaves from the stems is a perfect job for little hands.
Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN
Yields 4-6 servings
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 bunch kale, thick stems removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, plus more to taste
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- Cut kale into bite size pieces.
- Place kale in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Mix well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese and toss again.
- Top with avocado or mix in for a creamy texture.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust to your preference.