Quick & Easy Leftover Vegetable Egg Muffins
Quick & Easy Leftover Vegetable Egg Muffins are perfect for anyone on a tight food budget. Egg muffins are versatile because most vegetable and cheese combination taste great together. This recipe empowers families to reduce food waste and save money by using leftover dinner vegetables. While egg muffins can be made on a hectic morning, these nourishing muffins can also be made ahead and used as a grab-n-go breakfast or tossed in school lunch boxes. Eggs make our Healthiest & Cheapest Food List because they are affordable and provide 13 essential vitamins & minerals.
Easy & Affordable Breakfast Menu Ideas
Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN
Yields 6-8 servings
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1.5-2 cups left over chopped dinner vegetables (spinach, kale, swiss chard, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, sweet peppers, broccoli all work great)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cheese (cheddar, american, colby, etc)
- Preheat the oven 350 F and prepare 12 slotted muffin tin
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch and fully cooked.