Pulled Pork & Black Bean Quesadilla
Pulled Pork & Black Bean Quesadillas extends Cooking with Clancy’s Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe to make more meals with only one pork roast. This is a featured recipe in the meal plan Pork Roast 4-ways! By extending recipes with high fiber beans and other nourishing ingredients, food waste is reduced and money is saved! At $1.30 per serving, this meal-in-one recipe, gives parents the confidence to nourish their family on a tight food budget. This recipe is packed with protein, fiber, calcium, and B-vitamins.
Cooking with Clancy’s Pork 4- Ways Recipes
Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN
Yields 4 servings
15 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 pound pulled barbecued pork, fully cooked
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 envelope of taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 8 fajita-size flour 6-in tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Toppings Optional:
- plain, greek yogurt
- avocado, diced
- red onion, diced
- In a mixing bowl, add black beans and mash with a fork. Mix in shredded pork with taco seasoning, 1/4 cup of water, onion, and cilantro.
- Place 1 tortilla in a hot lightly greased skillet or griddle. Sprinkle tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese and spoon 1/3 cup pork mixture on half of tortilla.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Fold tortilla in half over filling; transfer to a serving plate.
- Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, cheese, and pork mixture.
- Serve with desired toppings.