Pan Fried Pulled Pork and Refried Bean Burritos
This recipe is easy, affordable, and FUN! It can made ahead for quick and easy lunch or dinners. Don’t be afraid to add onion, sweet or hot peppers, tomatoes, salsa, avocado and much more to this tasty treat. You can even use a larger tortilla and add a whole grain to it making it a complete meal. Serve with salsa or greek yogurt for dipping. At only $1.30 per serving and packed with iron, fiber, and B vitamins, you can’t go wrong with this recipe.
This recipe starts with our make ahead Cost Saving Slow Cooker Pulled Pork 4-Ways!
Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN
Yields 6 servings
8 hrPrep Time
5 minCook Time
8 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1 lb pork shoulder, cooked in slow cooker ahead of time
- 1 envelope of taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup pork broth from cooking
- 1 can refried beans (16 oz)- can substitute pinto beans or black beans
- 6 flour tortillas (12 in)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- Cook pork in a slow cooker on medium for 8 hours or until done. Let cook and shred with a fork.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pork, broth, taco seasoning, and refried beans.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of mixture on tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese and fold the sides.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat the oil. Brown the burritos on all sides.
- Serve with salsa, greek plain yogurt, or your favorite rice dish.
Freeze option: Individually wrap cooled burritos in paper towels and foil. Freeze in a plastic freezer bag. To use, remove foil, place paper towel-wrapped burrito on a plate and heat in microwave on high 3-4 minutes or until heated through, turning once.