Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN
Yields 6-8 servings
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1.5 tsp. salt or to taste
- 3 tsp. italian seasoning or pizza seasoning
- 16 ounces spaghetti noodles (broken)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Brown meat and onions in a large stock pot over medium-high heat until fully cooked.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomato sauce, and spices; bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti, cover pan, and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking. Depending on type of pasta, you may need to add more broth or water as needed for desired consistency.
- When spaghetti is tender, top with grated cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers with in 2-3 hours.