Nourishing Egg Soaked French Toast
Nourishing Egg Soaked French Toast makes breakfast easy, affordable, FUN! I often double this recipe and freeze leftovers for future hectic mornings. At only $0.75 per serving, you will have the confidence your children will go to school nourished to tackle daily challenges. This recipe is packed with protein, iron, and B-vitamins. Offer yogurt for dipping with fresh fruit for added calcium and vitamin C!
Easy & quick breakfast recipes ideas
Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- vegetable cooking spray
- Lay bread in a single layer on a baking pan with lips.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- Add milk, cinnamon (and vanilla, if desired); mix well with fork.
- Pour egg and milk mixture evenly over the bread and soak for 10 minutes.
- Spray the griddle with cooking spray and pre-heat on medium.
- Using a spatula, place bread on the griddle and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Then flip the French toast over and cook on the other side for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Use yogurt to dip!