Serves 6-8 servings
Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN
1 hrCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup carrots, diced or any root veggie such as parsnips
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 tsp. butter or oil
- 1/2 cup peas (frozen or canned)
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt or more to taste
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- Mashed potato mixture:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- 1/2-1 tsp salt or to taste
- pepper to taste
- Clean potatoes and cook until soft in the oven or microwave.
- Cool the potatoes to the touch and cut in half and remove the potato flesh.
- Add the potato flesh to a bowl and mix in salt, pepper, milk, and butter to taste. It should be smooth.
- In a pan, saute onions in butter over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots to onions and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add salt and ground beef and cook until brown.
- Add peas, flour, thyme, broth,and Worcestershire sauce cook for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the beef mixture into the potato skins. Top the beef mixture with mashed potatoes and bake on 400 F for 20 minutes.
Text CookingwithClancy to 44222 for a FREE meal plan. The plan feeds a family of four for approximately $125.00/week. It includes a shopping list and meal preparation tips.