Limiting processed foods on a budget seems impossible and many people believe eating healthy on a strict budget is not an option. I am here to show you how to eat better on a budget and even save you money! Below are 5 simple tips to get you started.
5 Tips to Limit Processed Foods
- Read the ingredients label before buying anything. If what you are buying contains 5 or more ingredients and includes a lot of unfamiliar items, you may want to reconsider before buying.
- Add fruit and vegetables to every recipe or meal. Don’t forget about the freezer section. Frozen fruit and vegetables are great and packed with key nutrients.
- Buy your bread from a local bakery or make it yourself.
- In addition to your bread choice, when selecting foods like pastas, cereals, rice, and crackers aim for the whole-grain option. Read the ingredients to make sure the product is made with only 100% whole grains.
- Avoid products containing high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) and hydrogenated fats.