I’m a registered dietitian specializing in food insecurity and child nutrition since 1999. With more than 16 years of experience, I have worked with food assistance programs on the national, state, and local levels touching all demographics. As an award-winning author and sought after public speaker, I have been a dietetic expert for Congressional Briefings, TV segments, radio shows, and healthcare professional seminars.
I also consult with non-profit organizations, companies, and universities as an educator and freelance writer to create educational evidenced-based materials aligned with my professional values. My goal is to educate the public about the real faces of food insecurity deceasing the stigma associated with food assistance programs. I am often featured on television, radio, in magazines, and in online articles regarding my opinion on eating better on a budget and child nutrition topics such as picky eating.
On a local level, I have started a grass-roots effort to bring fresh produce to food insecure families in Northeastern Pennsylvania through the Children Feeding Children Greenhouse and Garden Project which will launch in Spring 2016.
Professional Services Include:
- Public Speaking- Keynotes include Food Insecurity for Healthcare Professionals and Food Insecurity & Picky Eating
- Freelance Writing
- Curriculum Development
- Brand Spokesperson
Past & Current Consulting Partners:
- Egg Nutrition Center
- Fertile Grounds Community Support Agriculture
- First Steps
- The Pennsylvania State Cooperative Extension, Better Kid Care Program
- Psychology Department, Misericordia University
- Psychology Department, Wilkes University
- Wilkes-Barre Family YMCA
- Women with Children Program Misericordia University