Hillside Farms Chocolate Cream Pie
Don’t let summer pass you buy without this treat! Hillside Farms Chocolate Cream Pie is a never fail hit at my parties. The ingredients are simple and nourishing. The heavy whipping cream and butter from The Lands at Hillside Farms are packed with the brain boosting Omega-3 fatty acid. For an added bonus- this recipe does not call for additional sugar!
Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN
- 4 cups Hillside Farms heavy cream, divided
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 9 oz semi sweet organic chocolate chips
- 8 oz of Chocolate Annie's Bunnies, finely crushed
- 2 tbsp. unsalted Hillside Farms butter, melted
- Heat ¾ cup heavy cream over low heat until it reaches a low simmer.
- In a bowl, add chocolate chips, vanilla, and salt.
- While cream is heating up, mix butter and chocolate crumbs together and push down into a crust in a 9 in spring form cake pan.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate chips and mix until well blended. Rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a standing mixer, mix 1.5 cups of heavy cream until peaks form.
- Fold chocolate into the whipped cream. Mix until blended. Pour onto crust, cover, and store in refrigerator for 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Before serving mix 1¼ cups of heavy cream until peaks form. Add to the top of the cake and garnish with chocolate.