Healthy & Cheap Bean Salad is an easy, affordable, & FUN salad! It is also packed with nutrients and protein making it a complete meal in one. For a time saving tip, look for frozen beans in the freezer section of your local grocer. Using frozen beans saves you time and cuts down on the sodium overload as well. However, if you are like me and prefer dry beans, just cook them on the weekend so they are ready to go with any dinner or lunch option during the week.
Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN
30 hrTotal Time
- 1 thinly sliced small red onion
- 1 diced medium cucumber
- 2 diced medium tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups mixed beans (black, kidney, white- any combo works!)
- 2 limes squeezed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. cumin (optional)
- Jalapeño diced to taste (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Serve chilled and over a bed of leafy greens.