Green Beans with Parmesan Cheese & Garlic
Parmesan cheese and garlic make green beans taste simply amazing. Your family will be begging for more. This recipe can be made with fresh, frozen, or canned green beans making it a very affordable side dish that is packed with nutrition. Green beans provide your family with fiber, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B-6, iron, and magnesium. So- eat up!
Green Beans with Parmesan Cheese & Garlic is a Tasty Thursday recipe which means it is kid approved. Other Tasty Thursday Recipes include:
- Kale & Watermelon Salad
- Easy Kale Salad
- Cantaloupe with Mint, Ginger, & Lime
- Broccoli & Pineapple Salad
Yields 4 -6 servings
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 3.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 cups of fresh green beans, trimmed (can use 2 cans green beans and skip step 1)
- Old bay seasoning to taste (or salt and pepper)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Place green beans into a large skillet and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until beans start to soften, about 5 minutes. Drain water.
- Mix the olive oil with the garlic in the pan with the green beans stirring often with a wooden spoon until garlic is slightly brown.
- Sprinkle with old bay (can substitute salt and pepper or your favorite season salt for old bay). Cook for about 5 minutes until green beans are soft.
- Pour green beans into a serving bowl and mix in the parmesan cheese.
The cost per serving of this recipe is approximately $0.31.