Frozen Pineapple Popsicle
Frozen Pineapple Popsicles are a perfect summer treat for everyone at $0.15 per serving. I love them for a cool refreshing snack on a hot summer day because they are affordable, easy, and nourishing. Not to mention- pineapple makes a great weight loss treat for mom. My kids love them because they are simply fun and served on a stick.
Frozen Pineapple Popsicles also provide an opportunity to teach children about taste. By serving pineapple in various ways, parents help teach children about food variety. If a child expects change with their food, they might be more apt to accept more foods. To learn more about teaching taste and having fun in the kitchen with your children, click on the link below for our Teaching Taste Toolkit.
Instant Access to Your Teaching Taste Toolkit
Frozen Pineapple Popsicles Approved for Kid Events
Frozen Pineapple Popsicles are also my go-to-snack for classroom, sporting events, and birthday parties for a couple reasons:
- Frozen pineapple keeps me off the naughty parent list because they have zero artificial coloring, no high fructose corn syrup, and are typically allergen free.
- Teachers love them because they never drip keeping kids clean.
- Frozen Pineapple Popsicles are very easy.
- Children can help with the preparation process.
Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN
Yields 20 popsicles
3 hr, 10 Prep Time
3 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 pineapple
- Wooden craft sticks
- Remove the outer skin of the pineapple.
- Cut flesh into long 1-2 inch thick sticks.
- Holding firmly with one hand, insert the craft stick into the middle of the pineapple slices.
- Layer a cookie sheet with wax paper and lay each stick on the cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Cover with wax paper and freeze for 3 hours.
- Remove and store in a freezer safe container.
The amount of popsicles depends on the size of fruit and how big you cut the strips.