Fool Proof & Affordable Pastured Grilled Chicken Breast
At $7.99/lb or more it is unrealistic to buy pre-cut pastured chicken breast. However, if you purchase a whole chicken, the cost drastically decreases and you can plan many more meals. Check out some of our favorite recipes: Chicken & Rice, Chicken Pot Pie, & Homemade chicken Bone Broth.
Eating grass-fed animal protein does not have to break you wallet. In fact, if planned appropriately, free range meats, dairy, and poultry can have a healthy place in a tight food budget. Just read 10 Cost Saving Tips to Eat Pasture Animal Products to learn quick tips.
Making free-range chicken breast affordable can be done with two simple steps:
- Buy a whole pastured chicken and cut it up yourself. Reserve other cuts of poultry for future meals.
- Butterfly both chicken breasts into 4 servings instead of two.
Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN
Yields 6-8 servings
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 chicken breast, butterflied
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Olive oil
- Sprinkle one side of each chicken slice with salt and paprika. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill on medium high heat.
- Coat chicken with olive oil.
- Grill on each side for 3-5 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Use sliced chicken to top salad greens, build a taco, toast in a tortilla with cheese, eat solo, anything!