10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 bunch kale, thick stems removed, sliced into ribbons (about 10 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, plus more to taste
- Place the kale ribbons in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Using tongs or your hands, mix well, making sure the olive oil is rubbed into the kale leaves.
- Add the garlic and Parmesan cheese and toss again.
- Taste for seasoning, adding more salt, pepper, and Parmesan if necessary. You don’t want to taste the bitterness of the kale.
- Top with grilled chicken or grilled salmon.
- Make ahead: This is a rare salad that keeps well in the fridge. Store it for up to two days.