Easy & Healthy Chicken Salad
Easy & Healthy Chicken Salad is a great addition to any meal plan. We always use leftover chicken to make great tasting lunches. This recipe is a perfect example of using meat as a flavoring and extending it across the week to improve nutritional intake of vital nutrients.
Easy & Healthy Chicken Salad can be combined in a meal plan with the following recipes:
Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 cup diced chicken
- 1/4 cup Greek plain yogurt or more to taste
- 1 cup chopped vegetables (pick from or combine any of the following celery, red pepper, cucumbers)
- 1/2 cup diced fruit (pick from or combine any of the following apples, grapes, pear)
- 1/2 tsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. dill, chopped
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- Optional: add walnuts, almonds, or pumpkin seeds for added protein and a tasty crunch.
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Taste test for salt. Add more, if desired.
- Serve on lettuce, crackers, bread or in a tortilla wrap.