Creamy Rice & Spinach Casserole
This calcium packed casserole just made it to the list of our family favorite recipes. I love it because it is nutrient dense providing essential vitamins and minerals for child growth and development. The bone building nutrient, calcium, is not alone in this easy recipe. Creamy Rice & Spinach Casserole also provides a nice dose of Vitamin D, various B-vitamins, iron, and protein. For an added bonus, it only costs $0.93 per serving. Enjoy!
Yields 8 servings
20 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, squeezed completely
- 2 cups chilled and cooked rice
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or swiss cheese (mixture of both works well too)
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese for topping
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease a 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients with a wooden spoon, mixing very well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes or until set.
- Turn up oven to broil and cook until browned.