Pulled Pork Meals- 4 Ways!
I want to help YOU nourish your family and save time in the kitchen but even more- save money! This recipe combination provides 20 servings of pork protein for only $27.00. In other words, this meal plan will cost you $1.35 per serving. The pork roast can be slow cooked on the weekend for fast and easy meal prep during the week. Using a pork roast to make multiple meals decreases animal protein consumption while increases vegetable intake. To maintain satisfying portions, simply add heart healthy beans to the meat and more vegetables to recipe.
Cooking with Clancy’s Pork Recipes
Serves 16 servings
Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN
8 hrCook Time
8 hrTotal Time
- 1 boneless pork shoulder, 7 lbs
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 tsp. salt
- Add broth and pork to slow cooker. Season with salt.
- Cover and cook on low until very tender, about 8 hours.
- Remove meat and let cool.
- When cool enough to handle, pull meat into thin shreds, removing all fat and gristle but reserve broth.
- Freeze the concentrated broth (about 2 cups) for future recipes. You can use the pork broth in place on any chicken broth in www.CookingwithClancy.com recipes. I love to use this broth in our Slow Cooker Pinto Bean Recipe.
This pork shoulder roast should cost approximately $2.49/lb but could be higher if purchasing a pastured pork product. However, you will be making 20 servings costing only $1.25/serving of pork. The recipes will save you money and time in the kitchen!