I am always on the hunt for a great recipe to Teach Taste and this one does not disappoint. This recipe is a winner for both moms and kids. It is refreshing and bursting with flavor.
This summer we will be featuring Cantaloupe with Mint, Ginger, & Lime Summer Salad for the Tasty Thursday program. Every Thursday in July and most of August I team up with Summer Feeding Programs to bring children local produce in the Wilkes Barre, Pa parks. Each child will receive a taste test, a recipe, and ingredients to make the recipe at home. Other great recipes we have made for Tasty Thursdays include: Easy Kale Salad, Broccoli & Pineapple Salad, and Kale and Watermelon Salad.
Yields 6 servings
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into cubes
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 Tbsp. mint, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lime peel, grated
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Mix the ginger, mint, and lime peel in a small bowl and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the cubed cantaloupe, lime juice, honey, and sugar
- Add the ginger, mint, and lime peel to the cantaloupe and mix thoroughly. Add more sugar for a sweeter taste
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe costs appromixately $0.35/serving.