Best Healthy Chicken Salad
Best Healthy Chicken Salad is my crowd pleasing summer pot luck dish! I never leave a party without sharing this recipe and I guarantee you will not either. This dish encourages healthy eating on a budget because the recipe is expanded with fresh summer vegetables. If you do not have apples, consider adding diced pear or sliced grapes. For an added crunch, toss in walnuts or pumpkin seeds.
Best Healthy Chicken Salad Secrets!
- Stonewall Kitchen Chicken & Spice Rub is a great way to boost flavor. Simple coat raw chicken breast with olive oil and spice rub. Bake in the oven until full cooked. Cool and dice! You can buy this at the Hillside Farms Dairy Store in Shavertown, Pa or online.
- We use a homemade mayonnaise to ensure a nice serving of healthy fats. Check out our Homemade Easy Mayonnaise & Fun Variations.
- We purchase a pastured chicken at Hillside Farms but use the chicken meat as a flavoring to many dishes instead as the center of the plate. To learn more about our meal planning and get instant access to our free meal plans, head on over to our meal planning page.
Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN
Yields 4-6 servings
30 minPrep Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 cup diced chicken, fully cooked
- We bake chicken breast in the oven coated with a chicken rub for added flavor!
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup scallions, diced
- 1/4 cup dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, whole fat or too taste
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- Add chicken, fruit, veggies, and dill to a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, and salt until well combined.
- Add dressing to the chicken. Mix until smooth.
- Taste the salad for salt and texture. Add more salt or yogurt to desired taste.
- Keep chilled and serve with bread, greens, or crackers.